At WSP we develop creative, comprehensive and sustainable engineering solutions for a future where society can thrive. Equipped with an intimate understanding of local intricacies, world-class talent and proactive leadership, we plan, design, manage and engineer long lasting and impactful solutions to uniquely complex problems. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals.
Here at WSP we design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services.
At WSP we make extraordinary efforts to attract, develop, engage and retain the best professionals in our fields of expertise because this is what makes us great.
We are looking for a Mid to Senior-level Hydrogeologist to join our preeminent Brisbane based water resources team and provide technical capability on a number of mining, energy and transport-related projects. About the role
- Perform investigations and analyses of hydrogeological systems leading to the provision of practical and pragmatic solutions for our clients on a national basis
- Work is primarily office-based, but periodic fieldwork at remote sites performed independently or part of a project team will be required
- Perform project management duties including preparation of project scope, budgets, schedules, proposals, contracts, subcontracts that conform with HSE requirements and high quality of WSP and our clients
- Work closely with an integrated project team and work independently
- BSc in earth science, geology or hydrogeology. MSc an advantage
- Minimum 12 to 15 years' professional experience consulting and / or industry experience in groundwater resources
- Strong working knowledge and applied field experience in aquifer characterisation activities including drilling, bore construction, instrumentation and hydraulic testing. Five years of applied field experience an advantage
- Ability to apply software to interpret and manage data
- Knowledge of Australian regulatory framework, mining process and key water-related issues an advantage
- Willingness to continuously learn and advance technical and project management knowledge and skills
- Excellent communication skills with emphasis on high quality technical writing of investigation reports, water management plans, feasibility studies, assessments and regulatory reports
This is an opportunity to take your career and professional capabilities to the next level.
We are a collaborative team of experts that thrives on challenge and unconventional thinking. Channelling our curiosity into creating progressive solutions to complex issues is both our mission and our passion.
Join us in doing purposeful, sustainable work that helps shape our communities and the future!
We are the best professional services firm, positioned to be partners for tomorrow's challenges. WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.