At WSP we develop creative, comprehensive and sustainable engineering solutions for a future where society can thrive. Equipped with an intimate understanding of local intricacies, world-class talent and proactive leadership, we plan, design, manage and engineer long lasting and impactful solutions to uniquely complex problems. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come
We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals.
Here at WSP we design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services.
At WSP we make extraordinary efforts to attract, develop, engage and retain the best professionals in our fields of expertise because this is what makes us great.
Due to the continuous success of our Asia Pacific operations, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Civil Designer, to join our national rail team. This role will be based in our Brisbane office with the opportunity to work on a wide range of challenging projects.
The successful candidate we are seeking will ideally possess the following:
- Minimum Diploma or Associate Degree in Civil Engineering - Working towards or interested in starting their Bachelor degree will be looked upon favourably.
- Minimum 8 years’ industry experience in rail or general transport infrastructure sector.
- Solid background in CAD platforms such as AutoCAD and Microstation.
- Working knowledge of design and CAD standards for clients such as Transport and Main Roads, Queensland Rail and Aurizon.
- Strong design skills using applications such as 12d and Bentley Railtrack.
- Interest in driving innovation through CAD systems and technologies.
- A strong work ethic and ability to work autonomously and in a team environment.
We are a collaborative team of experts that thrives on challenge and unconventional thinking. Channeling our curiosity into creating progressive solutions to complex issues is both our mission and our passion.
Join us in doing purposeful, sustainable work that helps shape our communities and the future!
We are the best professional services firm, positioned to be partners for tomorrow's challenges. Express your interest by clicking on the 'apply now' button. Your application will be treated in strict confidence. WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.