At WSP we develop creative, comprehensive and sustainable engineering solutions for a future where . society can thrive. Equipped with an intimate understanding of local intricacies, world-class talent and proactive leadership, we plan, design, manage and engineer long lasting and impactful solutions to uniquely complex problems. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come
We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals.
Here at WSP we design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services.
At WSP we make extraordinary efforts to attract, develop, engage and retain the best professionals in our fields of expertise because this is what makes us great.
The Power team in New Zealand has a growing focus on helping clients solve business and operational problems throughout the entire business cycle. We work with predominantly electricity network and generation businesses who face challenges identifying business constraints or opportunities, developing concepts, determining feasibility, delivering and then operating projects.
This role will see you provide management consulting, performance improvement, regulatory and asset management functions mainly within the power sector. About the role:
- Business case development and reviews, asset management strategy development, investment needs analyses, and capital expenditure prioritisation, planning and optimisation
- Process Improvement and undertaking assessments of business performance, including technical compliance auditing
- Preparing models for infrastructure development such as asset replacement, augmentation and operational expenditure plans
- Regulatory framework development power market operators or regulators
- Developing and maintaining client relationships across New Zealand, leading key pursuits and business development initiatives.
- Tertiary qualifications in business, economics, or engineering.
- 3 - 7 years’ experience working within a consulting environment supporting clients across a range of Advisory services in the power sector. Experience in other sectors, such as water and transport would also be considered.
- A confident and natural communicator who is motivated to manage the delivery of project solutions to their clients.
- Willingness to travel in New Zealand or Australia from time to time as required.
We are a collaborative team of experts that thrives on challenge and unconventional thinking. Channeling our curiosity into creating progressive solutions to complex issues is both our mission and our passion.
Join us in doing purposeful, sustainable work that helps shape our communities and the future!
We are the best professional services firm, positioned to be partners for tomorrow's challenges. Express your interest by clicking on the 'apply now' button. Your application will be treated in strict confidence. WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply