At WSP we develop creative, comprehensive and sustainable engineering solutions for a future where society can thrive. Equipped with an intimate understanding of local intricacies, world-class talent and proactive leadership, we plan, design, manage and engineer long lasting and impactful solutions to uniquely complex problems. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals.
Here at WSP we design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services.
At WSP we make extraordinary efforts to attract, develop, engage and retain the best professionals in our fields of expertise because this is what makes us great.
We are looking for a highly experienced Senior Project Administrator to join our Property team, based in our Melbourne office, for a period of 16 months
to cover maternity/long service leave. Contract commencing in Nov 2017. You will be responsible for providing reliable and efficient financial and project administrative support to the project management and commercial team. As the Senior Project Administrator, you will be responsible for:
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Ensuring all projects are set up and reporting revenue correctly in our cost control systems.
- Preparing and submitting invoices to clients, billing and monitoring project budgets.
- Monitoring receivables and collections for all projects under your direction.
- Interpreting and analysing project financial reports.
- Assisting project managers with forecasts, cost control, maintenance and auditing.
- Participating in project reviews, producing reports and interpreting financial information to support project management decisions on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Supporting the commercial manager with reporting and analysing profitability, revenue, margins, costs, and utilisation across projects.
- Debtor Days maintenance and facilitating the debt collection process.
- Ensuring company QA and cost control procedures are followed.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Senior Project Administrator working in a commercial environment, preferably in an engineering or construction sector.
- Strong analytical skills with budget, forecasting, invoicing, and financial experience.
- Fantastic time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and challenging deadlines in an efficient manner.
- A proactive, can-do attitude, and the ability to think on your feet.
- The ability to work autonomously as your key stakeholders will be based remotely.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with key attention to detail.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, and knowledge of Unit 4 Business World and Oracle would be an advantage.
We encourage those with finance and accounting degrees to apply, as this role has strong career development opportunities from Project Administration to Commercial Management.
We are a collaborative team of experts that thrives on challenge and unconventional thinking. Channelling our curiosity into creating progressive solutions to complex issues is both our mission and our passion.
Join us in doing purposeful, sustainable work that helps shape our communities and the future!
Express your interest by clicking on the 'apply now' button. Your application will be treated in strict confidence.
WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply. Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role