At WSP we develop creative, comprehensive and sustainable engineering solutions for a future where society can thrive. Equipped with an intimate understanding of local intricacies, world-class talent and proactive leadership, we plan, design, manage and engineer long lasting and impactful solutions to uniquely complex problems. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come
We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals.
Here at WSP we design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services.
At WSP we make extraordinary efforts to attract, develop, engage and retain the best professionals in our fields of expertise because this is what makes us great.
Due to the continuous success of our Asia Pacific operations, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Principal System Engineer to join our Sydney or Melbourne Rail teams.
As a leading member of our rapidly expanding System Engineering team you will work with highly driven, like-minded professionals who are committed to delivering the very best solutions to our clients and the community.
You will work as part of our rail team to provide a range of systems engineering knowledge and expertise to our clients and lead the development and growth of our best practice solutions across our organisation. Key accountability:
- Proven years of experience within rail or transport sector.
- Competent and experienced in providing key technical expertise across a board range of projects and the ability to provide technical expertise to clients across the full systems engineering or project lifecycle.
- Contributed to building the technical capability of others and transferring technical expertise with the organisation.
- Development of Systems Engineering architectures.
- Requirements management including development and elicitation of requirements and competency with DOORS.
- Systems Engineering experience with RAMS modelling, analysis and interpretations.
- Growth mindset with the ability to recognise and seize opportunities.
- Performance driven and committed to challenging themselves to continually improve.
- Willingness to contribute to developing technical capability of others through knowledge across the organisation.
- Mentor junior team members in systems engineering and assurance through participation in the Mentoring Program.
- Manage the scope and monitor multiple projects of varying complexity and size.
We are a collaborative team of experts that thrives on challenge and unconventional thinking. Channeling our curiosity into creating progressive solutions to complex issues is both our mission and our passion.
Join us in doing purposeful, sustainable work that helps shape our communities and the future!
We are the best professional services firm, positioned to be partners for tomorrow's challenges. Express your interest by clicking on the 'apply now' button. Your application will be treated in strict confidence. WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply. Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.