At WSP we develop creative, comprehensive and sustainable engineering solutions for a future where society can thrive. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer lasting solutions within Property & Buildings, Transportation Infrastructure, Environment, Resources, Power and Water sectors.
At WSP we make extraordinary efforts to attract, develop, engage and retain the best professionals in our fields of expertise because this is what makes us great. The Opportunity
Our thriving environment business is continuing to grow and we have a new opportunity to lead the Environment and Planning team in Queensland. This role offers a great opportunity to drive, lead and develop the environment and planning capabilities across the region.
We’re seeking a leader who will harness their strong business development, people skills and technical credentials to guide and deliver projects within the Transport, Power, Resources, Government, Property and Water Utilities sectors. About you:
- 10+ years’ experience with a minimum of 5 years’ in consulting
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in science, engineering or planning
- Previous team management or project management experience, including management of budgets and developing and mentoring staff
- Proven ability to assist in developing strategic plans for growth and development of team in line with the greater business
- The ability to interpret strategic plans into action plans
- Well connected within the local market with strong skills in business development and client relationship management across diverse market sectors
- Experience in managing change
We are a collaborative team of experts that thrives on challenge and unconventional thinking. Channelling our curiosity into creating progressive solutions to complex issues is both our mission and our passion.
Join us in doing purposeful, sustainable work that helps shape our communities and the future. WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply. Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.